Friday, February 12, 2010


My quote is from George R.R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire". As a longtime fan of this series this particular quote popped into my head immediately when I found out that I would need to bring a quote to life. My only real concern going in was whether or not I could do the quote justice. The most challenging part of the project was having the words convey imagery, such as the word mountain being in a triangle. Another challenge was once I had the words I wanted in positions as to convey imagery I wanted to make sure that I was using all the space without leaving gaping holes. I actually had to use two different layers to make the mountain image a possibility. I am really proud that I was able to use a variety of effects on the text itself as well as figuring out how to use the space I had with the images I wanted to convey. If I had more time I would probably have found a background that really pertained to the quote, as it stands now I spent most of my time working on the placement of text and the text effects. I honestly surprised myself in that I was able to learn how to use the photoshop program with relative ease. I'm not bragging, I'm just proud that i could do what I wanted to in the program and that I know I could do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment