Monday, May 17, 2010

Bind-in Blow-in Rationale

I used Adobe Illustrator and Quark express to do my bind-in blow-in cards. Of the two I prefered Adobe Illustrator because I found it easier to use. I had little to no difficulty finding the tools I needed in Illustrator to get the effects I wanted. One of the biggest challenges I had was finding the exact ESPN font that the original cards used. Once I stopped trying to make a cheap immitation of the font I googled "Espn font" and found a website where I could download it. With that crisis averted my other main challenge was some of the touchy work around the outside of the cards, as well as putting all the lines that are used for scanning. Not that the last part was all that hard with the pen tool but it was time consuming and tedious.
I havn't had a good opinion of Quark since we used it to make our band poster. In that assignment I tried and tried to find a way to manipulate the fire image that I had brought in to enhance the top of the poster. I was incredibly frustrated to find that when I put the poster in photoshop I was able to create the desired effect with little to no hassle. That being said using Quark for the bind-in blow-in cards wasn't all that bad. I still preffered using Illustrator but after having just done a card in Illustrator I found Quark to be a little less of a hassle.

No comments:

Post a Comment